Eye irritation before lens removal (less common).
- First of all, check for exactly lens position on the eye : at cornea / or at sclera(white part of eye ball)
- If lens position at the cornea, make lens move before remove lens. If you feel discomfort after 2 hours, please consult doctor. Don’t wear lens if discomfort last until evening.
- If lens position at sclera (white part of the eye). Try to find the lens and remove with plunger. The position which lens move to may get more red compare with surrounding. The area may be a bid red for hours, but you should feel less discomfort by time. If you feel discomfort after remove for 4 hours, please consult doctor. Don’t wear lens if discomfort last until evening.
Eye irritation after lens removal.
- Discomfort after lens removal may cause by
- Lens stick firmly before removal. Please make sure lens already move on your cornea before remove to prevent discomfort.
- Small dust
- Normally, you should get less discomfort by time. If you feel discomfort after 2 hours removal, please consult Dr. Bird.
- Don’t wear lens if discomfort last until evening.
- If you always feel discomfort after remove, please consult Dr. Bird.
Can make lens move by
- After wake up, apply 1-2 drops of artificial tears on each eye.
- Close your eyes and draws the end of eye lid(outer canthi of the eye) to temporal side 30 times.(watch video below)
- Then open your eyes and look at mirror. Try to use finger pressure on upper eyelid. Notice rim of cornea that the lens is moved when pressure on upper eyelid. If so, then the lens is removable.
- If lens does not move, repeat step above. You may go to do other activities, such as brushing teeth, and blink as normal. (Be careful : Do not open your eyes too wide while washing your face) After several blinks, lens should able to move itself. Don’t forget to check lens movement before taking off.
- If the lens is stick firmly on eye, make you difficult to make it move every day. Please consult your doctor.
- Didn’t clean protein as recommended may make lens difficult to move.